Lemon-ricotta Pancakes with Sweet Sour Cream and Passionated Strawberries
How lovely can it be? Soft, fluffy, sweet and crispy. This is a real treat ment for dessert but why not for breakfast?
1 package ricotta, 250 g/9 oz
1 dl/¼ cup yoghurt, 3% fat
1 organic lemon, the zest
½ tsp pure vanilla powder or extract
2 eggs, separated
1 ½ dl/3/4 cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
butter or oil for the pan
500 g/1 lb strawberries, hulled and divided in half
3 passionfruits, the flesh and seeds
1 dl/¼ cup of sugar
1 dl/¼ cup of water
Sweet Sour Cream
3 dl/1 ½ cup of sour cream
3 tbsp of confectioners sugar
- Start with the strawberries and the sour cream.
- Make a simple syrup by mixing sugar and water in a pan and simmer 5 minutes until it thickens a little. Let cool.
- Add the flesh and seeds from the passionfruits.
- Put the strawberries in a mixing bowl and add the passionfruit syrup and mix careful. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Mix the sour cream with the confectioners sugar and chill.
- Mix ricotta and yoghurt with a whisk until until no lumps are visible.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla and egg yolks and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until frothy. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the ricotta mix while stiring until an even batter.
- Fold in the egg whites carefully.
- Cook tiny pancakes in a little butter or oil in a skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side until fluffy.
- Serve with sweet sour cream and passionated strawberries.