Unbeliveable, but another year has passed. Let’s toast to a happier, healthier and safer 2017! And let’s party! We offer you some recipes of glamorous hors d’oeuevres and sparkling cocktail ideas. Happy New Year!
Ulrika and Liselotte
Zucchini Roses with Bleak Roe or not
Such a pretty appetizer that is so much easier to make than you and your guests think.
Serves 6/12 roses
1 sheet of chilled store brought puff pastry, 250 g/9 oz
100 g/4oz of cream cheese with herbs and garlic
1 dl/1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 medium size zucchini
3 tbsp of melted butter
flaky sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
You need a small muffin tin that holds 12 mini muffins
Olive oil for greasing
Optional: 4-5 tbsp of bleak roe or another roe of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200C°/390F°. Grease the muffin tin with olive oil.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet length wise so you get six 2 1/2 centimeter/1 inch thick stripes.
- Divide the puff pastry sheet from top to bottom so you get 12 stripes.
- Spread the cream cheese and the grated parmesan evenly over the puff pastry sheet.
- With a mandolin or av very sharp knife slice the zucchini very thin.
- Arrange the zucchini slices along the stripes overlapping each other.
- Carefully roll each stripe into a rose and place into the muffin pan.
- Brush with melted butter and bake for appr 30-35 minutes until golden. Let cool.
- Serve as they are or with a mini dollop of bleak roe or another roe of your choise.
- Add some flaky sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Caesar Salad Bowl with Shrimps
This is a very elegant appetizer with a bold taste.
Serves 6/12 salad bowls
2 heads of sweet gem salad/12 leaves
12 large suistanable farmed shrimps, peeled
flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Creamy Caesar dressing
2 1/2 dl/1 cup of crème fraiche or sour cream
1 dl/1/4 cup of fine grated parmesan cheese
1 anchovies fillet, mashed
1 garlic clove, grated
1 tsp of french mustard, unsweetened
1 tsp of lemon juice
- Clean and dry the salad leaves and keep the largest. You can use the small ones into a salad later.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Caesar dressing.
- Cook the shrimps in a little olive oil in a frying pan appr 2 minutes a side. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon some dressing into each salad leaf and top with the shrimps.
- Decorate with chives.
Sparkling Cocktail Ideas
Champagne is champagne but sparkling wine is a good base to a “royal” – “champagne cocktail”. You can use any flavouring you like but a sweet or tangy flavour is always a good choice. Here is some good ideas to highlight your sparkling drinks. You only need 1-2 tbsp a glass and then just fill up the glass with lovely sparkles.
- Any kind of liqueur or cordial like blackberry, sloe, orange and berries or pieces of suitable fresh fruit
- Cognac and a sugar cube + a few drops of Angostura Bitter
- Pomegranate syrup or fresh pomegranate juice
- Fresh blood orange or regular orange juice
- Peach juice