Valentine Cake with Nut Spread and Blackberries
Show your LOVE with this irresistible chocolate cake.
2/3 cups/1 1/2 dl granulated sugar
4/5 cups/2 dl rapeseed oil
7 oz/200 g dark chocolate, 55%
4/5 cups/2 dl almond meal
1 pinch of salt
4 oz/100 g Nutella or other sweet nut spread
2/4 cups/2 dl whipping cream
1 cup/2 1/2 dl frozen blackberries
- Preheat your oven to 175C°/350F°.
- Line a heart shaped shallow pie or cake pan with a damp wrinkled parchment paper. (it stays better when damp and wrinkled)
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until frothy.
- Add rapeseed oil and stir well.
- Chop the chocolate to coarse pieces and melt in a heat proof bowl over a pot with simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mix and stir.
- Mix almond meal and salt and add to the wet mixture stiring until completely mixed.
- Pour the batter into the parchment lined pie or cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until set. The cake should be a little soft and not to dry.
- Let cool completely on a cake rack.
- Spread the nut spread over the cake. Whip the cream until fluffy and spread over the nut spread.
- Top with frozen blackberries and serve with LOVE!